FULLY AUTOMATED SOLAR-POWERED AQUAPONIC FARMS
We have designed the first aquaponics system that is fully powered with solar energy to cover the energy demands to run the system and to secure the needed heating of the water within the system. This way, we reduce the carbon emissions during food production and helps to reduce the carbon footprint. The system is automated and includes a control and power system to optimize the performance of the system while maintaining the required needs. Moreover, a water treatment scheme is integrated with the system to make it further sustainable and to make use of the fish wastewater by treating it to secure a valuable resource.
BENEFITS OF OUR AQUAPONIC FARMS
- They are Waist High. Waist-high aquaponic gardening eliminates weeds, back strain, and small animal access to your garden.
- We use Nutrients: Aquaponics relies on the recycling of nutrient-rich water continuously. In aquaponics, there is no toxic run-off from either hydroponics or aquaculture.
- Aquaponics uses 1/10th of the water of soil-based gardening and even less water than hydroponics or recirculating aquaculture.
- They are Solar automated.
- No harmful petrochemicals, pesticides or herbicides can be used. It’s a natural ecosystem.
- Gardening chores are cut down dramatically or eliminated. The aquaponics grower is able to focus on the enjoyable tasks of feeding the fish and tending to and harvesting the plants.
- Aquaponic systems can be put anywhere, use them outside, in a greenhouse, in your basement, or in your living room. By using grow-lighting, and space can become a productive garden.
- Aquaponic systems are scalable. They can fit most sizes and budgets, from small countertop herb systems to backyard gardens, to full-scale farms, aquaponics can do it all.
- And the best part – You get to harvest both plants and fish from your garden. Truly raising your entire meal in your backyard
- Instead of using dirt or toxic chemical solutions to grow plants, aquaponics uses highly nutritious fish effluent that contains all the required nutrients for optimum plant growth. Instead of discharging water, aquaponics uses the plants, naturally occurring bacteria, and the media in which they grow to clean and purify the water, after which it is returned to the fish tank. This water can be reused indefinitely and will only need to be topped off when it is lost through transpiration from the plants and evaporation.
® The Aquaponic source